Travis and his team from Plant are making swift progress on construction for the redevelopment of Public Market Emeryville. All shops and businesses, including the Food Hall, offices, Urban Outfitters, Guitar Center, Hot Italian, Paradita and Peet’s are open for business.
We’re publishing regular updates to keep everyone informed about the latest news on construction. Sign up here to receive our monthly newsletter >
As underground utilities are being installed, the Plant team is fencing off areas of parking in limited phases. During this phased construction, there will always be ample parking for customers and access for pedestrians. We’ve installed plenty of signage to direct you to ensure your visit to Public Market is easy.
We recently caught up with Travis to learn about the latest construction milestones and what’s next in the pipeline. Below are a few of the highlights:
- We have started formwork and concrete pours for the North Market Drive curbs and gutters.
- We are moving towards Powell Street with the domestic water line.
- We will be demolishing the old parking lot where the new Shellmound Street will shortly be.
- We are adding flow-through planters on South Market Drive.
- We have power to the Parcel C garage and New Seasons Market work is well underway.