With summer here, Ford GoBike nearby, and more bicycle infrastructure popping up all around the Bay Area, it’s time to hop on a bike and pedal away. Below are some fun bike excursions for your riding pleasure.
- The Oakland Museum of California leads a variety of tours on select Sundays through October. You’ll explore a patchwork of East Bay neighborhoods in the best way—by cycling through them with an experienced guide. We think one highlight will be the Bay Bridge Tour. This nine-mile ride will delve into the history of the old and new Bay Bridges with interesting stories and colorful historical personalities.
Sunday, August 19th, 10am
Meet at Bay Trail entrance on Shellmound Street in Emeryville, across from Ikea.
- Ford GoBike Starting at the Public Market hub, numerous destinations fall within the 30 to 45-minute time limit for the shared bicycles. Cool sites include:
- C. Berkeley’s Botanical Garden. Park your bike at the hub on Bancroft Way and College Avenue. The Botanical Garden is a short walk from there.
- Lake Merritt Take the Alameda County Bicycle Route 5 and you’ll enjoy a dedicated bike lane for much of the ride. Several bike hubs are nearby, including Lakeside Drive at 14th
- Bay Trail Public Market is fortunate to be near one of the most scenic trails in the region. Even just a short stretch – from Emeryville Marina to Cesar Chavez Park in the Berkeley Marina – includes breathtaking views of San Francisco and the Golden Gate. Right in our backyard!
And, remember, fill up first at Public Market or pack a bag for your journey with great food to-go from our Food Hall purveyors!