What better way to usher in Halloween and Day of the Dead than with Pixar’s “Coco” in the famous animation studio’s hometown, Emeryville. Pixar is partnering with the City and Public Market Emeryville to present the award-winning film about 12-year-old Miguel who is accidentally transported to the Land of the Dead. On Sunday, October 25th, the parking lot of Public Market transforms into a drive-in movie theater. Delicious dinner options and specials are available to purchase for takeout from the purveyors in the Food Hall.
- Registration opens October 13th, first to Emeryville residents from 9am-12noon, then to the general public.
- Beginning October 13th, register here with the City of Emeryville.
- Attendance is free, with a $10 refundable deposit upon registration.
- Parking lot opens at 4:30pm. Guests must check in by 6pm or you will lose your reservation.
- The movie starts at 6:30pm. No vehicles admitted after 6:15pm.
- Check back soon for physical distancing requirements and more information.
- Public Market’s parking lot is located at 5959 Shellmound Street in Emeryville.
Not only will participants enjoy a night out with great entertainment, they’ll be able to support the independent small businesses that offer up delicious eats at Public Market. With a dozen eateries currently open in the Food Hall, there are plenty of tasty food and drink options. From burgers to fried chicken to beer to ramen to tacos and so much more, visit here to see who’s open and plan your dinner ahead. All children will receive a Trick-or-Treat bag with $10 minimum purchase in the Food Hall on the night of the event (available from participating merchants while supplies last).
Find More events